Latest information on travel restrictions related to the Covid-19 (new Coronavirus)
The rapid spread of coronavirus is sending ripples of uncertainty throughout the world. At The English Bus, the well-being and safety of our community and tour guides is our highest priority. Whether you’re on a trip now or in the process of planning one, we’re here to help you in any way we can.
Our policy for travellers with existing bookings (confirmed prior to 4th March 2020)
Our booking conditions apply to any cancellations unless you've been directly affected by a travel ban (in which case you will receive a refund). We'll continue to monitor and respond to change in public health information and advise as the situation develops.
However, we will offer increased flexibility on all bookings to help ease the situation surrounding Coronavirus, and will offer the following options, even if a refund is not officially due per the terms you originally booked under:
- a free of charge date change.
- an unlimited credit from your booked tour date. This can be applied to any tour that we operate over an unlimited time span for the number of seats you originally booked, and will not be liable for any price increase that may have been applied since you originally booked your tour.
Please note: Date change and Credit requests must be notified in writing at least 72 hours before the original booked tour, and date change/credited tours are subject to availability and are non-transferable and non-refundable at any time. Expired credits are non refundable and not redeemable for cash.
Our policy for travellers with bookings made between 4th March 2020 and 1st June 2021 for all future travel with The English Bus
To provide greater flexibility to our customers with upcoming travel plans, we have introduced a flexible booking policy for your peace of mind. We'll continue to monitor and respond to changes in public health information and advise as the situation develops.
For bookings made up to 1 June 2021 for all future travel:
- Bookings will be 100% refundable (less a £5 per person admin fee) if we, The English Bus, are notified at least 72 hours before departure.
- Bookings cancelled within 72 hours of departure will be non refundable and non transferable, and no shows will also be non refundable.
- Bookings will be transferable to an alternative date for an unlimited time period beyond the date of the original booking provided. You need not specify the date when requesting a credit.
- A credit can be provided to rebook on any tour that we, The English Bus, operate ourselves at any time into the future - this will not expire.
Please note: Date changes and credit requests must be notified in writing at least 72 hours before the original booked tour, and date change/credited tours are subject to availability and are non-transferable and non-refundable at any time. Expired credits are non refundable and not redeemable for cash.
If there is a government imposed travel ban to the UK and within the UK, you will be refunded in full.
The latest information on local conditions
The English Bus is in contact with all advertised attractions. We’ll update our website and proactively reach out to customers whose bookings are impacted by changes beyond our control if the situation arises.
We encourage our guests to read the latest news and communications from relevant authorities carefully and in full. To help you stay healthy and aware of further developments, we suggest visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages: WHO coronaviruses Q&A (COVID-19) and WHO daily updates and the UK government guidance page.
Our message to the global travel community
The English Bus' mission is to give our guests the greatest day tour experience available from London. Even in times of uncertainty, we remain fully committed to that mission. If you need support or assistance, get in touch.
If you’ve travelled on a small group day tour from London with us before, you'll know that The English Bus is here for you, and with you — every step of the way. If you haven't, you'll find out why we are the top rated tour company operating day tours from London. Where possible, we encourage you to not put your dreams on hold, and to create invaluable lifelong travel memories as soon as you can. Let's keep the world and our wheels turning!